Buttafuoco Historical traces its origins from the ridge watershed between the streams and Versa Scuropasso, in the first hills of Oltrepò Pavese called "Spur of Stradella". E 'known the vocation of this land thousands of years to grape growing and wine production. There are many classical and modern authors dealing with the history of this wine area, linking it to a favorable geographical position that forced the leaders, pilgrims and merchants to cross it. And 'the passage of these people who allowed an outlet to the wine produced here and enriched, over the centuries, new knowledge of the local viticulture making it one of the most important in Italy. Documents of 1700 attest on the spur of Stradella the production of red wines very strong by the forerunners of Buttafuoco that lent themselves well to accompany the tables of nobles and monasteries of Pavia and Milan. Between 1700 and 1800 the Milanese dialect poet Carlo Porta gave it the name Buttafuoco, in dialect "Butafeug", a wine from the hills of Stradella great body and alcohol, which almost burned my mouth. Another anecdote between history and legend linked to Buttafuoco is an account of something that happened in 1859 during the War of Independence. Peter Schenk said that a company of sailors Austrians committed to ferry troops over the River Po, at the time of going to battle in the mainland had defected and instead of enemies, he did massacre of barrels and bottles of local wine called Buttafuoco. The writer league history to this fact, instead really happened, that the Austro-Hungarian navy after some years passed a ship calling it "Buttafuoco". And 'from this account between myth and reality that on 7 February 1996, when some tenants decided to join forces to reevaluate this prestigious wine, adopted the ship as their symbol.
The History of Sailing Ship
The history of the Dawn Treader present in Mark of the Consortium "Club of Buttafuoco Storico" comes from an anecdote between history and legend ... an account of something that happened in 1859 during the War of Independence in the famous Battle of Montebello near Casteggio. The Austrians who fought against the Piedmontese were located in the area between Broni and Stradella with its headquarters at Palazzo Isimbardi, on site came forty sailors of the Imperial Navy, with the task of assisting the sappers in the construction and the ferry Austro-Hungarian troops on the River Po '. When the battle became complicated for the Austrian army generals and Urban Julai ordered to a department "of the Imperial and Royal Navy crew from the bridge", 39 men commanded by a midshipman, to come to fight in the hills to give dell'Oltrepò hand to the troops. According to Peter Schenk these sailors are "lost" mysteriously at the very beginning of military operations; at first it was thought that their disappearance was caused by a gun battle with Piedmont or smugglers numerous in that border area, therefore the General Staff of the Austro-Hungarian Empire decided to start the search of the missing sending departments Hussars in horse around Stradella, the sailors were found the next day unharmed but completely drunk in a basement on which was written the name of the Pops "deadly" wine: BUTTAFUOCO. From the legend now changing to a true story ... the writer Peter Schenk tells us that in 1872 the Imperial Navy gunboat it launched the "Erzherzog Albrecht" and that the same after thirty years of business March 31, 1908 was canceled; in memory of that excellent wine drunk by the sailors in Oltrepò 60 years before it was renamed "Feuerspeier" (in Italian Buttafuoco), the new mission of the ship's registration as fù pontoon to be used as accommodation for the students of the School of Artillery Pola. In 1916, with the increase of the Fleet Submarine was adapted to cantonment Submariners of the many German U-boats operating in the Adriatic. In 1920 it was handed over to Italy, which led him to Taranto and gave it the name of "Royal Ship Buttafuoco", continuing to use it as a ship-to-bay barracks crews of submarines Group IV. Later she was given the acronym GM64. In 1947 he was still in the arsenal of Taranto, where it was finally demolished in 1955, after less than 83 years after its launch. From this story between myth and reality that on 7 February 1996, when some tenants decided to join forces to reevaluate the prestigious wine Buttafuoco adopted a ship in its symbol or rather the ship.